Thursday 27 January 2011

26th January 2011 Resolution 3 learn how to use the lensbaby

We've all been really poorly in the Sparkling household. We've had a D&V bug. Eleanor of course has been exceptionally poorly and ended with a brief assessment in hospital on tuesday afternoon as she was a bit dehydrated to say the least! Anyway from 4 down I think we're back to 4 back on track again now.

However I digress Resolution 3 is a photography one. I was bought a lensbaby (www.lensbaby.com) for my birthday last year and I'm still not at one with it. I'm trying to get into it as i've seen some fantastic results with them from others. I'll share some later.

Anyway I feel like I'm totally out of my depth with it. Manual mode is becoming more familiar but I'm not completely down with it yet.

So above is another feeble attempt can you tell it's been taken with a lensbaby? Does it have that tell tale plastic edge? have I got a good sweet spot and bent it appropriately? Do I need to go back to the drawing board?

My resolution for this year is to crack it and get a lensbaby photo into Flickr Explore. I have 11 months to complete this challenge!

There are many people on my Flickr group that are at one with their lensbaby and I particularly admire Spudballoo as she really has it gripped.   there are some ace shots in her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment