Thursday 20 January 2011

20th January 2011 - 7 things you don't know about me

Inspired by Booby and the beads.

Here are my 7 things you didn't know about me.

1) I am a Viola Player. I have my grade 8 ABRSM examination. I used to play in the Northamptonshire County Youth Orchestra but decided there wasn't a career in music and they were too poncy about it at University so I haven't really played much in the past decade. Shame really it's a lovely instrument.

2) In 2004 I got an award for being the youngest Chartered Civil Engineer in Yorkshire. I got a lovely outing to MAGNA in Rotherham for a presentation as part of the president of the ICE's annual address that year. Colin was the youngest ever ICE president so was seeking out the youngest corporate members in each region. I was the lucky one. I got a book, a certificate and to do a load of hand shaking and smiling.

3) I am a fussy eater. Yes I am. I have food issues I can't eat cream as in single, double, ice, extra thick, jersey which is a real pain. Therefore I'm obsessed with reading food labels. I have to be really careful. Eating cream in soup really makes me quite sick. I can't drink full fat milk as it has the same effect. Having a desert out and about is usually impossible and I don't like fruit salad as it usually has pineapple in it and many many years of being offered this make me just feel queasy at the thought of it. Whilst we're on the subject of food I don't like chicken. I don't know why I'm working on that one as I feed the girls it, Mr S eats it whilst we're out as I never cook it for grown ups. I need to get over that one but I just don't like it it makes me gag when I try and eat it.

4) I passed my driving test first time. The problem was it took 5 goes to get to the test centre as it kept getting cancelled on me.

5) Despite being an engineer I knit a lot and sew a lot too. I made all but 2 of the sets of curtains in our house. As for knitting you probably knew that there's photos of my knitting everywhere.

6) i am scared of flying. I might have been to Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Australia etc but the thought of getting on a plane scares me and as for take off I'm really not good at that. Landing is a relief. How I'm going to take 2 little people on a plane with me in the future I don't know. I hope Mr S can handle 2 on take off and landing.

7) I've registered as a Maths Tutor. I need to do something being a SAHM all the time is driving me a bit potty. I mean quite a lot potty. Eleanor's appointment schedule is a nightmare and Lucy is a very clingy baby I need to do something on my own for me sometimes this is something i hope will fit that category. I am waiting for the phone to ring though... I hope that works out otherwise I will be classifying January 2011 as an enterprising fail.

1 comment:

  1. I only knew 2 of your 7 as well. Well done on the award and good luck with the new venture.

    ReplyDelete