Saturday 22 January 2011

22nd January 2011 Resolution 2 - to cook more

This year I'm going to cook more from scratch. Less chucking in a jar of sauce and more using proper ingredients. I ought to make sure I know what my kids are eating and keep the salt down.

However in with this I can safely say that I get to do more of my cooking passion. Baking cake.

The husband very kindly bought me the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook for Christmas. Oh it's a good book you can taste the cake as you turn the pages. You're not sure where to start. I can confirm the vanilla cupcakes are divine, the red velveteens truly irresistable and the New York Cheesecake truly splendid.

Today I branched out this is a Black Bottomed cake. It's a dark chocolate muffin mix interlaced with a chocolate chip cheesecake mix topped with cream cheese frosting and a dusting of cocoa.

I swear I spent just as much time photographing this cake as I did making it in the first place. Anyway more about photography another day and you'll understand why I took so many photos of it to get the perfect one.

Looking forwards to tucking in tomorrow for lunch.

Yum

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm that looks delicious. Just put that book in my basket on play.com. Will have to get some serious baking in as well.

    ReplyDelete