Monday 7 February 2011

I think I've found the lurve


Streetlife Challenge, originally uploaded by sparklingbizzy.

of the lensbaby that is.

I took several streetlife shots in Selby today. There's a challenge in my Flickr group to do this. So I bravely strode into town and snapped away trying to be discrete but not easy with 2 kids and a buggy in tow. A lensbaby also seems to attract some attention too.

I've learnt that corridors seem to make good lensbaby photos so a road is a good place to start a man made corridor.

I need to learn more about the aperture and exposure time but I'm getting there I'm more content with my lot. I may have found a bit of lurve.

However I'm not having the lurve about being the parent of a prem today. She's coughing. There's been an evil cough at nursery since she started so to get to week 5 before picking it up is pretty good going. However I don't know which way this one is going. I don't know if i should be worried about her nose diving off a cliff and ending up on the ward in litres of oxygen or if I should be relieved that 48 hours in she seems to be showing signs of coping with it. She's in bed asleep sats monitor on and doing fine. I suspect she'll be at nursery tomorrow and really be showing me how much stronger she is these days.

Doesn't stop me worrying though does it.

And then there's the little one who's been exposed to Chicken Pox. So I'm on spot watch with her. The big one has had the vaccine so should be okay.

There's always something....

2 comments:

  1. So glad I've found this - hope that E gets over this, that she is stronger than you think and that there is a time sometime soon when you will be able to worry less

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing, I hope the cough goes away soon. It does sound like she's getting so much stronger though. Hurry up spring so all the horrid bugs can leave everyone alone!

    ReplyDelete