Wednesday 9 February 2011

Entering into the unknown

Eleanor is poorly.

She has a cold it's day 4.

She's not needing oxygen.
She's not flopped in a blue heap on the floor, she's climbing the trofast toy unit.
This is great but so in uncharted territory.  I just hope touching lots of wood she continues to fight it like this.
May be the light is round the corner and she really is toughening up.

In other news I've been chasing the cochlear implant referral as someone else in audiology gave me some alarming information. Basically told me she wouldn't get the referal as she hasn't been consistently at the right level for cochlear implants.  Well I held it together for 12 hours then felt I had to say something so I emailed the chief audiologist who is chasing up what is going on.  It's in the hands of the ENT consultant so she's going to jolly him along as time is against us.  If it is a no I'll be gutted.  However I've made it clear that I do want a second opinion and I'd like it at the cochlear implant centre so we will get to the right place via the right or back door channels and I will make sure of it believe me!

Oh and I'm semi set up as a Maths Tutor.  The CRB check which parents seem to want as reassurance seems to be prooving tricky to obtain as a self employed individual.  Any ideas gratefully received.  I've spoken to CRB direct and the words chocolate teapot spring to mind.

4 comments:

  1. The whole CRB process can be crazy! You've been CRBed before though so can't they sort of use that as proof you're a good sort?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you or weren't you involved in the Guides? Can they order a CRB check for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm is there no way one of us could request it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlguiding have come to the rescue. They're not happy with my current CRB check as it's in my maiden name. So hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have a nice shiny new one.

    ReplyDelete